2010. What a year. It was a year where if you multiplied the last two numbers by two you would get the first two numbers. I know. I’m blowing your mind, but try to stick with me here. Not only was there this weird math thing going on, we also had a lot going on in the world of o&j.
Now, I suppose that some out there in Blogville might be thinking that due to the lack of recent posts all up in this place, that we’ve gone into early retirement, but that is far…far…far from the case. So, enough with these non bullet point words, and on to the year in stats.
In the year of our Lord, Two-Thousand and Ten, we at the Otis & James FunCenter for Fun did the following:
- We shot a total of 25 weddings across the state, and in the process travelled 3,840+ miles to do so!
- We had the pleasure of photographing 125 seniors, and we’re not done yet with the class of 2011!
- Over 300 portrait sessions. Parents, children grandparents, cats, dogs…you name it. We did it!
- We shot approximately 275,000 raw images, which have been edited down to 1.83 TB of final corrected images, and in the process have burned hundreds of backup DVD’s to keep your images happy & safe!
- We hosted one concert and one fundraiser in our studio, raising over $10,500 for incredible charities!
Jamie married her longtime boyfriend, Giovanni! That’s their wedding picture on the right. I’m kidding! She’s still waiting for the images to be completed. So, for any wedding clients out there, she feels your pain.
So you could say it’s been a busy year for Jamie. And you would be right! What does this mean for 2011? It means that in the spring, Jamie & Gio will be welcoming their child into the world! And Otis & James will still be here for all of your photographicgoodness needs. She’s not having a lobotomy, she’s having a baby – and she will join the legions of women out there in the world that manage to balance both a family & a career!
Well, now that this is starting to sound like a Christmas letter letting you know how the family is doing, I might as well include news about myself & Kacie – so here you go!
Our General Manager, Kacie, continued to have a wonderful year both here in o&j world and in her personal world too! She & her husband Scott have continued to raise their oh so beautiful daughter – Arriana! We should take a look at her & see how she’s growing up!
Holy cow – she’s practically a teenager now!
And now, me! It’s been another busy year of…well…whatever it is I do. Raising my wiener dogs! Yes! That’s what I’ve been busy with! And how are they doing? Well, let’s take a look at them!
And sometimes I’m with my lady!
- Jamie: Growing a baby.
- Kacie: Continuing to raise a child.
- Otis: Growing beard.
And that’s all for 2010, folks! More important than any statistics or details about our lives is the fact that none of this would be possible without you – all of our beautiful clients! You have made our lives good. Straight up. And for that no amount of gratitude could ever express how much that means to us.
Here’s to an exciting 2011!